We have 21 Scout Groups covering Woodhouse, West Park, Headingley, Meanwood, Chapel Allerton, Moortown, Roundhay and Alwoodley.
Join Scouting in North Leeds
Thank you for your enquiry about a young person joining Scouting in North Leeds.
- To join a Scouting group use the form at the bottom of this page.
- Use the map below to check your group is in the North Leeds District.
Scouting aims to be fully inclusive, and works through age group sections:
- Beavers 6 – 7 years old, Cubs 8- 10½ , Scouts 10½ - 14 and Explorers 14-18.
In North Leeds, we have around 21 Groups, each comprising some or all age-group sections, with some 1200 young people, supported by over 450 adult volunteers. The Groups are shown on the map below. Most Groups are open to all, though some serve specific communities. The map also shows neighbouring Districts within the Central Yorkshire County (https://www.cycscouts.org.uk).
We would really wish to be able to offer all youngsters the opportunity to take part, but Scouting is very popular and most younger sections are full, with long joining lists, which are kept by individual Groups. For most Groups, a youngster would need to be on the list before the age of 4½ in order to be offered a place in beavers. It is therefore often not possible to offer a place, particularly at a preferred Group.
- If you would like your child to join please complete our online joining form below.
- A group will confirm if your child has been placed on their waiting list.
- If we cannot place your child immediately we will store your details securely and make them available for groups that have spare places in your area.
Scouting is run entirely by volunteers, often a parent or carer, some as leaders and some in other support roles. Our ability to offer opportunities to young people in existing or possible new Groups is entirely dependent on having sufficient adult support. If you would like to consider this, some Groups may be able to offer a place to a young person after the parent has been volunteering for a period.
North Leeds District Scouts
The area in blue below represents the area covered by the North Leeds District
Thank you for submitting your details. We try very hard to find every child a place but unfortunately due to high demand a place is not guaranteed. Please get in touch if you are interested in volunteering or want to know more about setting up your own scout group - perhaps with some neighbours, parents or friends.
We have a wealth of support and training and grants may be available for people setting up a new scout group in some areas - please get in touch .